Parkinson`s is the fastest growing neurological condition in the world. There’s currently no cure. But Parkinson`s UK determined to change that. By funding the right research into the most promising treatments, we can get closer to a cure.
The Fife Branch is affiliated to the Dundee Research Interest Group linked to Dundee University for anyone interested in finding out about the research undertaken by Parkinson’s Research Scientists throughout the world.
Research Interest Groups (RIGs) are made up of people with Parkinson`s and the people who love and care for them. They support us by increasing awareness and understanding of research at a regional level.
Research Interest Group members are Research Support Network volunteers. They`re often led by a steering group, who work with local groups and staff to coordinate, initiate and participate in research activities of the following types:
- meetings and presentations on research given by researchers
- visits to laboratories undertaking Parkinson`s research
- participation in clinical trials and studies
- keeping up to date with research progress and new developments
- identifying people to speak at local support groups about Parkinson’s research
The aim if the group is to provide opportunities for members with an interest in Parkinson’s research to meet, communicate, work together and generally further the cause of research.